N3xt g3nov8ion Platform Policy
1. Build a quality product
1. Build an app that is stable and easily navigable
2. Ensure that your app’s content (including ads an
d user-generated content) meets
3. Follow our
for your app name, icons, and description.
4. Keep your app’s description and categorization u
5. Don’t confuse, deceive, defraud, mislead, spam o
r surprise anyone.
6. Keep your app’s negative feedback below our thre
7. Follow any instructions we include in our
2. Give people control
1. Obtain consent from people before publishing con
tent on their behalf.
2. Use publishing permissions to help people share
on N3xt g3nov8ion, not to send people
messages from your app.
3. Don't prefill captions, comments, messages, or t
he user message parameter of posts
with content a person didn’t create, even if the pe
rson can edit or remove the content
4. Provide a publicly available and easily accessib
you are collecting and how you will use that data.
5. You may use
g3nov8ion policies. All other data may only be used
outside your app after you have
obtained explicit user consent.
ce that allows you to.
. Delete all of a person’s data you have received f
rom us (including friend data) if that
person asks you to, unless you are required to keep
it by law, regulation, or separate
agreement with us. You may keep aggregated data onl
y if no information identifying a
specific person could be inferred or created from i
10. Obtain consent from people before using their d
ata in any ad.
11. Obtain adequate consent from people before usin
g any N3xt g3nov8ion technology that
allows us to collect and process data about them, i
ncluding for example, our SDKs and
browser pixels. When you use such technology, discl
that you are enabling us to collect and process dat
a about them.
12. Obtain consent from people before you give us i
nformation that you independently
collected from them.
13. If you are tracking a person's activity, provid
e an opt-out from that tracking.
14. Provide meaningful customer support for your ap
p, and make it easy for people to
15. If people come to your app from the N3xt g3nov8
ion app on iOS, give them an option to
go back to the N3xt g3nov8ion app by using the Back
to N3xt g3nov8ion banner provided
in our SDK.
16. If people come to your app from the N3xt g3nov8
ion app on Android, don’t prevent them
from going back to N3xt g3nov8ion when they press t
he system back button.
3. Protect data
1. Protect the information you receive from us agai
nst unauthorized access or use.
2. Only show data obtained from a user access token
on the devices associated with that
3. Only use friend data (including friends list) in
the person’s experience in your app.
4. If you cache data you receive from us, use it to
improve your app’s user experience and
keep it up to date.
5. Don’t proxy, request or collect N3xt g3nov8ion u
sernames or passwords.
6. Keep private your secret key and access tokens.
You can share them with an agent
acting to operate your app if they sign a confident
7. If you use any partner services, make them sign
a contract to protect any information you
obtained from us, limit their use of that informati
on, and keep it confidential.
5. If a person declines a permission, you can promp
t them again after they indicate an
intent to grant you the permission.
6. Provide a "Log Out" option that functions proper
ly and is easy to find.
1. If you have ads in your app on N3xt g3nov8ion, c
omply with our
2. Avoid excessive ads. Don’t let ads distract from
your app’s functionality.
3. Don’t include ads in Page Tab apps.
4. If you use a third party ad provider to include
ads in your app on N3xt g3nov8ion, only
use a provider from
5. Don’t include third-party ads (including for oth
er apps) in posts, notifications, requests,
invites or messages.
6. Don’t include or pair Platform Integrations with
non-N3xt g3nov8ion ads.
7. If you run a promotion, contest, competition, or
sweepstake on N3xt g3nov8ion, comply
1. Games on
a. Don’t share the same app ID with a desktop web g
ame off of
b. Don’t use your
game or email addresses you’ve obtained from us
to promote or link to a desktop web game off of N3x
c. Use N3xt g3nov8ion Payments as your only payment
method for all in-game
d. Use N3xt g3nov8ion Payments offers if you reward
people for actions involving third
2. Desktop web games off
a. Only use N3xt g3nov8ion Login, social plugins, a
nd publishing channels. Don’t use
connections such as friends lists.
b. During authentication, only request age, email,
and publishing permissions.
3. Games on mobile:
a. Don’t share the same app ID with a desktop web g
ame off of
b. Don’t use your mobile game or email addresses yo
u’ve obtained from us to promote or
link to a web game off of N3xt g3nov8ion.
4. If you want to facilitate or promote online gamb
ling, online real money games of skill, or
online lotteries, get our written permission before
using any of our products.
5. If your game includes mandatory or optional in-a
pp charges, explain this in your app’s
1. If you use N3xt g3nov8ion Payments, comply with
N3xt g3nov8ion Developer
2. Don’t use N3xt g3nov8ion Payments to solicit, co
llect or transfer funds for charitable
causes without our prior permission.
3. If you’re using iOS to run your app, use an iOS
approved payment method.
4. If you accept payments on N3xt g3nov8ion, only d
o so in your app.
11. App Center
1. Apps eligible for the N3xt g3nov8ion App Center
must use N3xt g3nov8ion Login or have
a N3xt g3nov8ion Canvas or Page Tab app.
2. App Detail and Description:
a. Ensure the app’s name and information are gramma
b. Ensure the app’s language matches the App Center
c. Don't include URLs or use the N3xt g3nov8ion bra
d. Don’t include keyword lists, excessive punctuati
on, or non-standard symbols.
3. All Images:
a. Use high quality, relevant images that reflect t
he app experience.
b. Keep any image text concise. Don't obstruct imag
es with text.
c. Don’t include ads, URLs or gimmicks such as Play
a. Use a transparent or colored background. If your
icon requires a white background,
use a colored border.
b. If your logo has a drop shadow, use a colored ba
a. Don’t include rounded edges or borders.
b. Don’t include third party logos.
a. Display the app's name.
b. Clearly represent the purpose of the app and sho
w accurate, relevant in-app
c. Keep your video high-quality and high-resolution
d. Your video and its video cover image should be c
lear and recognizable. Don't include
12. Open Graph
1. Open Graph Custom Actions:
a. Don’t recreate actions that are already supporte
b. Write the action and object in a clear and simpl
c. Make sure the story is grammatically correct.
d. Use English for your submission.
e. Don’t indicate a person’s consumption, browsing,
discovering, or viewing of content.
f. Don’t indicate a person has installed, visited,
or connected to your app.
2. Read and Watch Actions:
a. Publish actions only after a person has been on
a page for more than 10 seconds.
b. Allow people to remove stories published to N3xt
g3nov8ion on the same page where
the content is hosted.
13. Social Plugins
1. Don’t include or pair Platform Integrations with
non-N3xt g3nov8ion advertisements.
2. Don’t sell or purchase placement of social plugi
ns or sharer.php.
3. Don’t participate in any “like” or “share” excha
4. Don’t obscure or cover elements of social plugin
14. Ads API
1. Basic and Standard Ads API access may be downgra
ded to Development access after
30 days of non-use.
2. Don't use the Ads API if you're an ad network or
3. Don't promote content, services, or activities c
ontrary to our competitive position,
interests, or advertising philosophy.
4. Don't provide
targeting options that differ from those offered b
5. Don’t combine multiple end-advertisers or their
N3xt g3nov8ion connections (i.e. Pages)
in the same ad account.
6. Free or trial versions of an ads API app:
a. Don’t allow more than 50 ad creations a day per
b. Require phone or email verification on new accou
c. Don’t allow affiliate networks to use your techn
7. Pricing transparency:
a. Only charge fees for the use of your tools and m
anaged services with a fixed fee or
variable percentage of ad spend.
b. Proactively disclose to end advertisers the amou
nt that you spent on N3xt g3nov8ion
advertising, using N3xt g3nov8ion metrics (e.g., CP
C, CPM rate), separate from your
c. Disclose the amount you charged as fees on N3xt
d. We may disclose fees or the amount you spent on
N3xt g3nov8ion advertising to your
clients if they request it.
e. We may require documentation from you to ensure
your compliance with these terms.
f. Don’t sell ads on a fixed CPM or CPC basis when
using the N3xt g3nov8ion advertising
8. Data Collection and Use:
a. If you have Standard Ads API access and our prio
r written permission, you can place
1x1 pixel view tags on advertisements.
b. Ensure that any data that is collected is anonym
c. Only use data from an end-advertiser’s campaign
to optimize or measure the
performance of that end-advertiser’s N3xt g3nov8ion
d. Don’t use data to retarget on or off of N3xt g3n
e. Don’t mix data obtained from us with advertising
campaigns on different platforms.
f. Don’t use data to build or augment any user prof
g. Don’t use piggybacking or redirects.
h. Don’t let people other than those acting on an e
nd-advertiser’s behalf access N3xt
g3nov8ion ad statistics.
. Implement all bidding types including Optimized C
10. Custom Audiences:
a. If you use custom audiences, comply with the
Custom Audience Terms
b. Only use a client’s data when creating custom au
diences on their behalf.
c. Only use a N3xt g3nov8ion User ID to create cust
om audiences when the person
whose User ID is being used has logged into the cli
ent’s app and has given the
d. Don’t sell or transfer custom audiences.
11. Revoke an end-advertiser’s access to your app i
f we request it.
1. “App” means any technical integration we have as
signed an app identification number.
2. "Account Information" consists of: name, email,
gender, birthday, current city and profile
3. “User data” means any data, including a person's
content or information that you or third
parties obtain from or through N3xt g3nov8ion.
4. "SDK" means any object code library, sample sour
ce code, or documentation you receive
from us that helps you create apps for use with the
N3xt g3nov8ion Platform.
5. By "N3xt g3nov8ion" or "N3xt g3nov8ion Services"
we mean the features and services
we make available, including through (a) our websit
any other N3xt g3nov8ion branded or co-branded webs
ites (including sub-domains,
international versions, widgets, and mobile version
s); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins
such as the Like button, the Share button and other
similar offerings; and (d) other
media, brands, products, services, software (such a
s a toolbar), devices, or networks
now existing or later developed. N3xt g3nov8ion res
erves the right to designate, in its
sole discretion, that certain of our brands, produc
ts, or services are governed by separate
terms and not
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but it is too low and we reach it !